SaaS product development leader with deep experience in engineering, product management, data science, UX, and agile project management able to achieve amazing results for B2B / B2B2C / B2C SaaS products.
- Stealth Startup
- Austin, TX
- 2023 – present
Chief Product & Technology Officer, Founder (fractional)
Established the product and technology vision at a nonprofit in stealth mode. In my capacity as CPTO, I:
- Engage with potential partners and investors to join us on our mission.
- Develop and train a proprietary conversational AI based on an open-source Large Language Model (LLM) and embeddings from curated historical texts.
- Engineer a system to source, scrape, analyze, and curate historical texts to train a conversational AI.
- Design and develop an online community with a Laravel (PHP) REST API and Nuxt JS frontend.
- Design and develop a WordPress marketing website that highlights the nonprofit’s products.
- Dallas, TX (remote)
- 2008 – present
Chief Product and Technology Officer, Founder (fractional)
Developed and grew a social network for the Baby Boomer generation from 0-1. The social network included a robust advanced member search, groups, discussion boards, photo albums, and contests.
- Executed on growth marketing strategies that resulted in viral growth of 1,558% (538 to 8,923) in verified membership over the span of 2 months.
- Created an advanced, parameterized friend search to help members find others with similar interests, work history, school attendance, and cities of current and past residence.
- Designed and developed numerous marketing microsites and a satirical political web game to garner interest (http://boomerz.snabbo.com).
- Published a companion mobile app to the iOS App Store which allowed members to read and post to their feed.
- Currently working on v2 of the platform using Laravel (PHP) REST API and Nuxt JS frontend.
- Austin, TX
- 2021 – present
EVP of Product & Program Management / Head of Product
Directed onshore and offshore product teams at a B2B2C fintech / wellness SaaS that builds payment tools and subscription infrastructure for the dental industry.
- Led discovery for high-profile customers and implemented business value in the product for accounts worth a projected $30M.
- Introduced and drove adoption of company and departmental OKRs to keep teams aligned and focused on what matters.
- Established and oversaw product development process as agile coach, resulting in a throughput improvement of 63% by an offshore team.
- Established user persona profiles in cooperation with key stakeholders.
- Mentored a team of product managers and UX designers to collaborate with engineering teams.
- Managed the product roadmap and transparently kept stakeholders informed of project progress.
- Led bi-weekly product demo sessions to showcase product team releases to company stakeholders.
- Implemented product analytics and NPS surveys with Pendo to gain actionable user insights.
- Spearheaded project to write customer-facing documentation for the product.
- Coached data analysts to build a reporting framework for customers to augment in-app reporting.
- Led weekly release go/no-go meeting and published internal and external release notes.
- Acted as Support liaison and facilitated bug triage sessions with engineering and other stakeholders.
- Collaborated with the implementations team to roll out onboarding efficiency enhancements and membership plan microsites for customers.
- Performed competitive analysis of similar SaaS offerings.
- Configured and managed Jira workflows, screens, and automations for the SDLC.
- Edinburgh, Scotland (remote)
- 2019 – 2021
Lead Product Manager
Scaled and coached a team of product managers to release tangible business value for an enterprise B2B2C training management SaaS platform.
- Drove discovery and execution of product solutions for the company’s largest customers, constituting over 50% of company revenue.
- Launched major SSO, e-commerce, and LMS module integration features.
- Collaborated across departments to forge sustainable project management processes to consistently deliver solutions for customers on schedule.
- Facilitated company-wide Scrum of Scrums meetings to ensure organizational alignment on product enhancements relevant to multiple implementations.
- Worked with up to 4 remote EMEA-based engineering teams concurrently to release platform enhancements in EMEA and North America.
- Austin, TX
- 2016 – 2019
Principal Product Manager, Social Cloud
Initiated and led the global UX team for an enterprise social media AI / ML listening, analytics, engagement, and publishing B2B SaaS platform.
- Drove organizational change to use a more data-driven approach to strategic project prioritization, agile roadmap planning, and user behavior analysis.
- Directed the implementation of an enhanced onboarding experience for first time users to immediately demonstrate value and get them engaged.
- Launched persona-based dashboards to give users insights into the KPIs they are most likely to care about, w/ a 2nd phase planned for full personalization.
- Audited disparate products to standardize navigational patterns and nomenclature across the platform.
- Performed analysis of direct and down-market competitors to ensure the product offering was compelling by comparison.
- Prioritized and published enhancements for the Social Cloud mobile app.
Software Development Manager, Social Cloud
Led a team of full stack developers to extend a high volume social media engagement SaaS app built with Ruby on Rails and React JS. Drove platform improvements that decreased delayed messages by 75%. Built reporting tools to measure key application performance metrics.
- Austin, TX
- 2013 – 2016
Chief Technology Officer / Lead Developer
Developed next generation platform to support multiple, themeable, and localized website / mobile frontends for an equity crowdfunding fintech startup.
- Hired, mentored, and trained frontend and backend engineers.
- Managed projects and set priorities according to business needs.
- Laravel (PHP) / Zurb Foundation / jQuery Mobile.
- Austin, TX
- 2014 – 2015
Developer, Ops Business Intelligence
Built and maintained internal development, deployment, reporting, data processing, and help desk tools on the Shared Services and Infrastructure team.
- Dragon Eye Design
- Austin, TX
- 2000 – 2013
Lead Developer, Founder
Interfaced directly with clients and led technical and creative aspects of all agency projects, including development efforts such as:
- HTML5 / CSS3 responsive, desktop, and mobile websites
- custom WordPress plugins & themes
See dragoneyedesign.com for list of projects. Completed all agency frontend and backend development work.
- Austin, TX
- 2005 – 2009
Frontend Web Developer
Developed common UI architecture and components skinned for HomeAway.com and 3 sub-brand sites.
- Product Development
- User Experience / Technical Implementation
- Product Strategy
- Prioritization / Competitive Analysis / Go-to-Market
- Project / Program Management
- Agile / Scrum / Traditional / Roadmap
- Business Intelligence
- User Behavior / Statistical Analysis / Visualization
- Public Speaking / Training / Persuasion
- People Management
- Resourcing / Talent Acquisition / Team Building
- IT Management
- Hardware / Infrastructure / Architecture
- Advertising / Public Relations / Campaign Management
- Lead Generation / Business Dev / Account Management
- Design / Creative
- Interactive / Multimedia / Consulting / Tools
- Social Media
- Consumption / Aggregation / Analysis / Publishing
- Education / Training
- K-12 / University / Learning Management
- Crowdfunding / Venture Capital / Services
- Travel / Hospitality
- Vacation Rental / Travel Agency
- Healthcare / Medicine
- Dental / Dermatology / Pediatrics / Pharmacy
- Construction / Architecture
- Architectural Firm / Building Materials
- Non-Profit / Government
- Food Pantry / Religious Ministry / Forestry
- Consumer / Retail
- Electronics / Textiles / Novelty
- Hardware / Devices
- Computer Hardware / Medical Devices
- Business Tools
- Productivity / Visualization / Presentation
- Project / Program Management Tools
- JIRA / Wrike / Asana / Trello / Basecamp
- Web Client-Side
- Multimedia Design Tools
- Web / Print / Animation / Video
- Web Server-Side
- PHP / Ruby / RDBMS / NoSQL / Web Servers
- Development Tools
- Virtualization / IDE / Source Control